Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Prepare To Be Wrong

















I close my eyes, I see you
Daring me not to move
I breathe in, you lean in
I was reborn where I stood

In your kiss, I found hope
To live and die in peace
I am yours, you are mine
Happy between these sheets

But where are you now, my love?
Where have you gone, my darling?

I saw it coming, a mile away
Couldn’t bear to lose you
I cried all night and all day
Couldn’t ignore what I knew

You cried to leave, I begged to stay
Knowing what I’d choose
Despite it all, we were okay
Nothing left to prove

Are you the one, my love?
Am I the one, my darling?
I was blind, you were right
There was more to give
You were blind, I was wrong
I never wanted to live

You promised me, I promised you
But I refused to let you in
With no trust, you felt used
And I fucked up again

Who am I now, my love?
Who are you now, my darling?


No comments:

Post a Comment