Thursday, May 19, 2011

Marie




Lay me down to crawl on my knees
To learn to walk before I run
Then learn to look before I leap
And learn to pick myself back up

Push me down, put me in a hole
Bury me alive for all to see
As I cry and scream for her
My lovely darling Marie

Watch me lose all my sanity
Hear the shattering of my heart
Bottle my tears and drink to my health
Create new hope for a different art

In life and love there’s tragedy
Inevitable change and broken hearts
I was sad and too blind to see
My dearly beloved Marie

If love is a game then let me win
There goes the fear but I’m still here
If love is a game I don’t want to play
Not anymore for anything
If love is a game it’s not worth the pain
Not worth the time, tears or the shame
Not worth the heartache which it brings
Not worth anything anymore

If love is a game, why don’t I ever win?
There goes the fear and I’m still here
If love is a game I don’t want to play
Not anymore for anything
But if love is real then it’s worth the pain
Worth the time, tears, and the shame
Worth the heartache that it brings
Worth everything always

There’s only one who understands
There’s only one who can take my hand
Only one who can bring me back
Who can save my soul and bring me peace
Her name is Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment